View Single Post
Old 09-14-05, 04:03 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I may have made a typo., When I said I like to be "ahead" after the flop, I meant to say I like to have the "lead" after the flop... in other words, I don't care who is in control preflop nearly as much as I do after the flop.

As for this scenario, yes, I certain would insta-raise his insta-bet on the T66 flop with my AJ. If that doesn't slow him down (if he reraises), I know he's got a big pair and I can fold. If he calls and checks the turn to me, I can bet no matter what the card is and often take down the pot. AK doesn't look so good with a board of T66x (x=not A or K) and a guy who called your preflop raise, raised you on the flop, and now is betting the turn. He'll usually fold. If not, at least I figured out where I'm at in the hand.

As for the Q82, I'd probably fold to his flop bet here. The board isn't scary enough to make him go away. But think about it, I lost 2 small bets here playing it my way. By reraising preflop flop and then betting the flop, I'd be in for AT LEAST 3 small bets preflop (often 4), and AT LEAST one bet on the flop (often 2). I've put 4 small bets into the pot and I have nothing. Yes, I'm playing aggressively, but I'm probably going to lose this hand. Abnd we haven't even talked about how much trouble I can and will get into on the turn and river (especially if I pair up).

Do you see the difference (IMO) about using that aggression preflop vs. postflop? I think it's SO MUCH stronger after the flop. Your preflop raise will never get him to fold, but after the flop, it might. If not, at least you can establish control of the hand, or get off it cheap.

6 max is all about selective aggression. Be aggressive when you have a made hand. Be aggrssive when you have a good draw. Be aggressive when you think you can get your opponent off his medium or worse hand. Fold everything else.

There is a fine line between selective aggression and being a maniac. I'd like to think I'm the former.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker