View Single Post
Old 10-20-04, 04:48 AM
Shark

bigjohnstud2o has less than 10 Rep Points
Default how to improve your patience

its like the old story of a new player falling in love with their "bad ace". A-2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9..........fold some of the hands that you think you would fold more than not. I usually only play hands i can raise with so i put fear in my opponents. That leads to looser play later. But just watch some of those hands that you will be folding and see just exactly how many you would have won. It might surprise you how much you can save. Another thing, this does not directly affect patience but you will see it when i tell you. The biggest mistake that i see players making, including myself a few months back, is play from the small blind. Yes you have good position but that does not mean that you should play everyhand from the SB position every round. Say you are playing 2/4 where blinds are 1/2. say you play 2hours at 75-80 hands per hour. We will say 150 hands. 8 handed. thats nearly 20$ you could save right there. That is 5 big bets if you call with even marginal hands. Just a thought to throw out there. Yea sure you will win a few from this position. But what about those hands when you are starting to really pick up on your opponents and you need a little more money to play as comfortable as you can? huh? just my 2c