View Single Post
Old 11-17-05, 08:42 PM
Maniac

BDMK has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

hey, its ok, im used to it...i play about 4-5 tourneys a day or so. im a recreational player, and i play NLHE tourneys on stars only: buck SNGs, 50k buyin playmoney SNGs (i sell the playchips for cash which funds my sats bankroll), pvt events, and sats to large events.

i usually suffer anywhere from a dozen or so suckouts of that sort every 24 hrs. (these two outers, the usual 3-flush/inside straight chasers, the freak pair/2pair on turn/river, the overpair busted by underpair, the dominating hand busted by the dominated one, a disproportionately bad streak of lost coin tosses from both ends-made pairs and unpaired hi cards-like 0 for 7 in a row, etc etc etc)

e.g., yesterday i played 6 tourneys: this same WPT $3rebuy, two 50k buyin playmoney SNGs, and three buck SNGs. in the first five, i got bad/unlucky beat around every which way imaginable... only the last, sixth, tourney of the day, a buck SNG, i won 3rd, and 'only' got a tad unlucky at the very end, on the final two showdowns when it got 3-handed. first my 55 got busted by AK flopping two pair, then fiinally my KJ got busted by QT turning pair of Qs.

i still manage to cash/final table/win at least 1-2 of those 4-5 daily tourneys i play on average, so im cool.

i managed to bubble/almost bubble 2x last WPT bahamas, 5x last WSOP and so far 2x this year's WPT bahamas sats. etc etc...

id always rather be 'good' than lucky. (ive heard most of the fishies chant exactly the opposite as their favorite mantra, hehe)

or as raymer put it correctly once, good poker is about making good decisions. (and what cards get dealt we have no control over, so i dont worry about that)

ive known to run streaks of 12-15 'bad' run tourneys in a row in 2-3 days span straight. my personal record is 18 'bad' ones in 3 days straight in august. yes, it is statistically possible, and no, online poker is not rigged.(ive started playing poker dec 2004 and am keeping book on my play since apr 2005)

since again im a recreational player and only do this purely for fun, as a hobby and as a form of intellectual stimulation/challenge, im totally ok with everything. i love to compete and used to play chess tourneys too when i was a kid as well...

but i can see how some of you guys who play poker for money/income could go berserk about these things...

Last edited by BDMK; 11-18-05 at 01:16 AM.