View Single Post
Old 11-10-04, 03:50 PM
Calling Station

bothecorgi has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default Cautionary Tale: How to Lose $40 in One Hand

I was playing on a $50 buy-in NL table ($.25-$.50 blinds) on Pokerroom last night and increased my $50 buy-in to about $65 when "She who must be obeyed" (the wife) comes in and says she wants to play a hand with no influence from me.

Since she must be obeyed, I agreed and she sits down to QJ in the cut-off position. I think, that's a pretty good hand for her to try out. No one raises until it gets back to my wife and she raises to $2. Wow - kind of aggressive but everyone folds except 2 other players who call.

Flop comes KKQ. Oh crap! 1st player bets $5, second player calls and wife raises to $10. NO! Both players call. Turn comes 10. 1st player checks, 2nd player goes all in (about $10) and wife calls. NO!! 1st player then goes all in for about $18 more and wife again calls. NO!!!

River is a blank and 1st player shows KQ for a full house, 2nd player shows AJ for a straight and my wife has 2 pair. Wife asks what happened, I explain it to her and then she asks how much "I" lost. I tell her about $40 and she says sorry and goes to bed! WHY ME and why couldn't she have been dealt 72?

Lost another $20 that night trying to recoup the $40 and now I'm down $60 on Pokerroom trying to clear a bonus of $112. Only a few nights left to clear the bonus - hopefully I can keep the wife off until then. LOL.