View Single Post
Old 11-18-05, 06:05 PM
Maniac

BDMK has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

TP,

for this issue too i would suggest you make it an 'invite only' option.

you simply privately invite/offer to the person(s) you deem best suited for the job the position of mod, and it's up to them to accept/reject it.

i personally would not make this a public vote issue as, again, this is a private (read: your) forum and you should do things as you see fit. i'm sure you know best who's who and what's what around here and who can/cannot do what.

again, i've seen in other forums before (no names, as always!) public voting decide who's a big man on campus only to have, objectively speaking, unsavory, but charismatic/manipulative characters (now imagine that combo! lol) get in position of authority with very negative consequences.

now, in no way at all am i suggesting any of the old timers here are like that, nor to be fair, do i know all of you that well yet, but, just as a matter of principle and common sense, and based on aforementioned (aeq, are you proud of me now? hehe) example, i think you privately deciding and appropriately inviting people would be the best way to go.

just my two cents...