View Single Post
Old 11-23-05, 11:12 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I'm going to move this thread to the main section, so hopefully more people will read it. This section has gotten pretty annoying lately

You ask a very good question, and one that I actually thought about at the time. Quite frankly, I feel like having a backer DID help my play, if anything. It definitely didn't have a negative effect on me, but in the back of my mind, I really wanted to do an extra good job to show my backer a positive return on his investment. That was important to me, and I think (if anything), it helped my play.

Some people don't like being backed, because they don't want to have to share their winnings. A number of people told me it woldhave been very difficult to write out the $23,050 check that I wrote and mailed to my backed. For me, I actually realy enjoyed it. I appreciated the opportunity and was glad to have been a good investment for him. Had I not been backed, I probably would have still played with my own money, but who knows if things would have worked out the same way. Maybe I would have played diferently and not made it nearly as deep, ya know?

All in all, it was a good experience for me, and one I would do again.

Oh, and for the record, my backer found me (through a friend), and not the other way around...

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker