View Single Post
Old 11-27-05, 02:40 PM
Thousand Post Club

Gordogg has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsGordogg has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsGordogg has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsGordogg has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

I think at least half the noobs on here are under 18. If you make unintelligent posts and beg for money, I'd say there's a good chance you are living with mommy. Living with mommy is not a bad thing, as long as you don't act like a fool and actually want to learn poker and not beg for money or freerolls. Poker is the in thing right now. If poker was this popular when I was in high school, I'm sure there would've been all kinds of games going on in school. With poker being the in thing, there are tons of people who are playing now for that reason. As soon as poker dies down, they will be gone, on to the next fad. I don't think playing for lunch money will turn people into gambling addicts later in life. Some possibly, but not the majority. They will eventually get tired of poker (and losing) and move on.

I remember skateboarding was the thing in 1988/89. Then collecting sports cards from 89/93. What else has there been. Bowling was huge back in the late seventies early eighties. Skateboarding has actually came back in the last five years. I think poker's popularity will die down in the next year or two then there will be another hobby or activity that explodes onto the scene.