View Single Post
Old 11-29-05, 01:34 PM
Shark

Hawt has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsHawt has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

Of course I would take a shot at $50,000 that is a nice amount of money. I realize that the goal of poker is to be a long term winner.

It's like in Dannenmann's case, it wasn't free money to him because he wasn't 100% backed. He only took home the share from the money he put up, so he would have been better off putting up the other 5k himself, of course he didn't know how well he was going to do. It would be a different story if I was being backed 100% and giving back 50% to the backer because then in that case it is "free money".

The retirement idea comes in when I watch things like the WSOP on TV and hear the announcers talking about how life changing the money these players are making is, it makes me think about how life changing it actually is. Granted a million or so dollars is a nice pick-up but it isn't nearly as much as it seems it is in the long run.

My idea of backing was really messed up when I first posted in this thread, sort of tunnel-visioned in on just one type. So now, I really have no idea where the hell I am trying to take my point in this thread so I'm just going to quit while I'm behind.

Edit: I keep losing the lottery, it's not like I haven't tried.

Sincerity is everything. And once you learn how to fake that, you've got it made.

Last edited by Hawt; 11-29-05 at 01:39 PM.