View Single Post
Old 12-02-05, 09:05 PM
Shark

Hawt has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsHawt has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

You got him to put his money in as an underdog, not much else you can do. I can't do the math because I suck, but according to CardPlayer's odds calculator, you were a slight underdog on the flop, but 68.2%-31.8% when the money went in.

The only thing I can think of is raise more pre-flop, you raised about 4x the big blind, maybe 6x, but that is kind of big compared to your stack like about a 5th of it. Personally I probably would have raised it about the same.

On the flop, you bet just about the pot (1600 into 1900 I think but it might of been 1600/1600 my math sucks) so I don't really see you betting more than that. I kind of understand his call with middle pair and nut flush draw though.

On the turn when he went all in, my bet is that he was just trying to take the pot and figured that if he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar he had a decent amount of outs, but then again he probably thought he actually had the best hand.

Pretty much just bad luck.

Sorry if this analysis isn't that clear or all that good, its my first real analysis of someone elses situation so if some more seasoned person wants to clean it up and add their opinion I would appreciate it, I run into this situation a lot too. I wouldn't go applying my advice or anything like that, just something to think about.

Sincerity is everything. And once you learn how to fake that, you've got it made.