Thread: fish list
View Single Post
Old 11-14-04, 03:55 PM
Shark

eddo31 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

this sounds like a reasonable idea, but i think that it might cause more trouble than it is worth. the information that you get on this board may have been good for a specific game, or a specific situation, but if you rely upon notes made by another person then you might be in trouble.

the only good example i can think of comes from baseball. whenever my team had stolen the signs of the other team, and we knew what pitches were coming, i never wanted to know what the pitch was. it sounds counterintuitive, but reacting to what i saw always worked better for me than relying upon what someone else told me. i always got overanxious when i knew that a specific pitch was coming, and i became a much poorer hitter in these situations. i never wanted to know, and it served me pretty well.

in poker, i think this could be trouble because it will make good players play mediocre hands just because they have another player rated as a fish. an if the player is rated as a fish by someone else, that information might not be correct by the time that i went to play them.

just my two cents, but i wouldnt stoip anyone from making a list. i just wouldnt rely on it myself