Thread: Advice
View Single Post
Old 12-12-05, 07:10 PM
Shark

jimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Thumbs down Advice

Hello All.

I have asked TP for some advice, and would like some advice from the forum members. TP responded and hopefully you guys and gals my help.

Hello TP.

I am PMing you as I need some advice on what to do next with my poker, I will be happy to open this up to the forum but first I would really appreciate your comments. I have now been playing online only apart from a couple of live games for nearly 3 years. The first year I was learning, the second year I was still learning but keeping notes,reading books ect.

This year I am struggling to get a grip and place in important tournaments, I only play on PS and only SNGs and tournaments.

The problem I have is I dont know were to go next, I tend to enter tournaments of any value, I can sit with 1000+ ppl playing in a $1 torny and seem to place yet in the bigger games $50+ I get in a good posistion and then tend to only concern myself with trying to reach the money, My mistakes are costing me possible wins and some decent money.

I dont know what am really asking you to answer and yet I know you have some good knowledge, I suppose the answers are allready posted on the forum.

The easiest way would be for me to ask you if you can find the time and look at thepokerdb at my tournament results and give me some honest feedback.

Thanks for your time and any comments.

TP- responded =

You should definitey post this and get some feedback from everyone, not just me.

The first thing that comes to mind is me wondering if you are playing DIFFERENTLY in the $50 toureys than the $1 ones. Maybe you are palying with scared money?

My response = I was thinking this myself, I know I have the ability to step up and yet I dont like losing $ (who does), so I tend to get to a certain stage and then freeze, the problem I am finding is that I am doing it to often, I have even folded AA just to protect my stack only to later go out just before the money places, Its poor play and I realise this, am hoping someone has a sensible answer besides what Ive thought myself (give up).

As for the poker db, it doesn't really man anything, as it only lists your cashes, and not the tourneys where you don't cash, you know? So it's hard to really know how someone is doing just by looking at that.

My response = I understand this, my concern is that I am one minute playing in a $200 tournament only to follow this with a $1, I suppose my last answer will answer this one.

Looks like you play a LOT!

My response = I love playing, I like the PS tournaments allthough I know I have a game problem can I just say I dont have a problem with what its costing me, I spend online what I can afford and allthough down over the past 3 years I am up this year. I have final tabled 27 times this year and only managed to win once, but I do need help with my game.

Thanks TP for the quick response.