View Single Post
Old 12-30-05, 10:35 AM
Maniac

Govman6767 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default Heavyweight Championship of Poker

As Related to me.

I was playing 1/2 NL at the Stratosphere, we were talking about the WSOP that was just in town and of newer bigger tournaments.
The dealer at the table said the Stratosphere was going to be holding the World Heavyweight Championship of Poker.
100,000 dollar buy in with Sat. starting at 50-100 bucks i believe (steps)
The winner of this tourament will recieve his prize minus one million dollars which will be but into an escrow account and the winner will recieve a Championship belt (like boxing or wrestling) As soon as the tournament is over ANYONE IN THE WORLD may approach the champion and challenge him for his title in a heads up match the price....... 1 million dollars The champ has to accept and his 1 mil in escrow goes up against the challenger.
The winner gets the belt and is champion till he is knocked off or a year goes by and the next years tourny is held. A few big names were told to me by the dealer including Doyle Brunson who was already commited to the tournament.
What I like about this format is that if a Pro wins the only ppl challenging him will be more than likely rich zillionares looking to have some fun the champ might win 5million from the tourn but if he gets lucky and win's 15 challenges during the course of the year he's made 20 mil from the tourny
Any thoughts or questions to this format.