Thread: Can it be done
View Single Post
Old 01-10-06, 01:37 PM
oscar the grouch

junYUN has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

just to put in my 2 cents...

i had this same idea about a year ago and went full blast at poker, as a profession. i quit my job that paid me enough to pay my bills and have a decent amount of spending cash afterwards...... and ive never regretted anything more. after about 2 months of playing poker 40 hours a week i was absolutely washed up on the "fun part" of poker. i usually made enough to cover about what i was making with my job... but the key word is usually. there were at least 3 or 4 months out of that year where i either had losing months or not enough to cover my bills. poker instantly went from being something i loved to do to something i had to do.

when your rent money is riding on that TPTK against a couple of rags and they hit runner-runner you want to throw up repeatedly. since then i have gone back to the working life and im glad i did. i probably play poker once every other week now... so its pretty much lost its appeal to me. if you really enjoy poker... i wouldnt recommend it.... unless you can make tons of cash.

edit:
lol i got a negative reputation hit for this post.. awesome

Last edited by junYUN; 01-10-06 at 08:04 PM.