View Single Post
Old 11-22-04, 06:36 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Just wanted to make a few comments, in no particulr order (keep in mind 95% of my play is 5/10 and higher).

-Try thinking of your bankroll in terms of chips and bets, not $. If you do this, you will see that it's basically the same as playing at any other level. Yes, 2-3 big suckouts can cost you a good chunk of your buy-in, but tht's true at any level if you buy in for the recommended amount.

-Lose that whole "I will not let myself get bluffed" attitude. It WILL cost you a fortune. Just play your best game. Let go of your blinds to steal attempts if you don't have a hand worth playing. If you do, play back at the guy and reraise.

-Especialy against multiple oppenents, be really careful chasing when you could be drawing dead. This is true for any level of play, of course.

-There are indeed tons and tons and tons of fish at the 5/10 level.

-Stop playing A3. Early position? Raise? Forget that - stop playing it all together. It is a trash hand. Of course you can raise with it from the button if everyone folds to you, but you could raise with almost anything in that position, right? Certainly never, ever call a raise with it from any position - not even th BB. All it's going to do is get you in trouble.

Hopefully this will help a litle bit. Keep playing a solid game and keep your head and you'll win. I look forward to reading more of your progress reports, and hopefully playing with you sometime down the road...

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker