Thread: Refs Suck
View Single Post
Old 02-06-06, 10:14 AM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points

So I still have TP in my bookmarks and click it by accident so I decide to scroll down to the Sports forum to see if I have missed anything, and I just can't believe this thread.

Let me give you guys some advice about betting on sports, learn to take a loss without blaming someone else, blame yourself. I could point to other forums where I posted about being on Pittsburgh VERY BIG! Seattle did not belong on the field with Pittsburgh.

Now, what your saying is look at what happened Seattle would have won if not for the refs (which I will get to in a second). You are wrong, Pittsburgh was able to play their worst game of the playoffs BY FAR and STILL win by 11 points. So while you are blaming the refs you should be blaming yourself for betting on a team that played a WEAK schedule in an INFERIOR conference.

BTW, did TP delete the thread about the botched interception call that went against Pittsburgh in the INDY game, I can't seem to find it. Or was everyone on INDY so the selective blindness comes into play here, agian, learn to see what really happened if your gonna bet on games.

Now let's talk about all the "Bad calls", first off is the interference call that the Steelers had to lobby for, do you know the rules? He had his hand on the defenders chest with his arm fully extended, what do you think that is? Look at the replay and you will see the official IMMEDIATLY goes for his flag and misses it and has to reach back for it, he didn't reach for it after Hope lobbied for the call. I'll bet after you see the replay you still won't see it that way, but thats what happened.

The holding call that brought back the pass to the two yard line: WHEN YOU HAVE A GUY AROUND THE NECK FROM BEHIND IT IS HOLDING!

Roethlisberger had the TD, the rules state if ANY part of the ball crosses the goal line it is a TD, that CLEARLY happened. For those that don't know the rule the very first part of white chalk you see is considered the goal line, not the back half of it, thus it was a TD.

If you really want to complain about a call then complain about the call on Hasslebeck for the low hit in the interception return. Keep in mind that it was after the interception and it would have still been Pittsburgh's ball and that exact same call was made against Pittsburgh in week 5 so the rule is on the books.

I suppose on Willie Parkers TD run to start the second half the Refs were blocking for him as well and somehow the refs pushed those FG's wide, and yet again they are guilty of making the Seattle corners bite on the reverse fake that everyone saw coming, then they had the audacity to make Stevens drop those balls that hit him in the hands, damn refs.

If you handicapped this game using something besides the media and your dislike for Pittsburgh then there is no way you could be on Seattle in this game, learn from it or you will never make in the world of sports betting.

You had one team that had the luxury of a soft schedule and home games in the playoffs against soft competition and one team who went on the road and beat the 1,2 and 3 seeds in thier conference and never gave up more than 18 points doing it. Ever hear the term "defense wins championships"?

Handicapp games with stats, strenghts, weaknesses, tendancies, etc... Not with the media or your like/dislike for a team. Next season when the Seahawks miss the playoffs maybe some of you will look back to this thread and see I was right, but then again it will just be easier to complain about the refs than actually learn something.

Take care all, honestly hope everyone is doing well..........