Thread: Refs Suck
View Single Post
Old 02-06-06, 12:34 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

How random for Penguinfan to disappear for months only to "accidently" click on a link to TP and then make some huge post about the Super Bowl. You should probably delete that bookmark, Penguin, so you don't "accidently" land here again. Oh, the horror!

Sorry to sound bitter, but I don't understand that comment at all or where it came from. But whatever.

Oh, that's right, the last time you left us was when you stormed out of here because someone signed up with the name "Osama" and you tried to stage some sort of mutiny/forum boycott unless I immediately banned him. The funny thing about that, that I guess you never noticed, is I had already changed his username, like RIGHT AWAY... and the back and forth arguing and all that kept going on and on and on.

Regarding the Refs, it wasn't just those two calls.... it was the entire texture of the game. Every chance they could, they were penalizing Seattle and NOT Pittsburgh. Yes, most of the calls they made on Seattle were legit, but how about the ones they overlooked on Pittsburgh? Same effect. Also, how about the ball spotting all game long? Seemed to me that ball was being moved in the same direction (once again, for Pittsburgh) all game long.

And btw, I don't think anyone here was even talking about betting on the game.... just how annoying it is when the Refs are so clearly biased towards one team. Can't we just let them play?

I also disagree that Seattle didn't belong on the field. Other than the very end of the game, Seattle outplayed them the whole way. The Steelers had 3 plays - the crazy across the field pass, the Randel El TD pass (vn play, btw), and the long TD run (botched D by the Seahawks). That was it. 3 plays. The rest of the time, they sure didn't look like a SB team to me. 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out.

Now that I've rambled on this long, let me address the two plays you have all been focusing on:

1. It was a TD. I think he crossed the line, personally, but it doesn't matter. That was SO CLOSE that whatever the ruling on the field is was going to stand. The problem I have with that play was when the ref came running in with one hand up (I see it, I've got the call) and the other hand down, pointing to the ground. He was about to rule Ben down (which would have also stood) and then al lof a sudden it was like he remembered the Steeler Edge factor (the wad of bills in his back pocket, maybe?) and he threw both of his hands up in the air. It was crap. If he called it a TD from the start, I would have been fine with it, but he changed his mind after a good 5 seconds.

2. The offensive pass interference in the end zone. Yup, I saw it. But was I the only one that saw the defensive pass interference BEFORE it? Where was the call??? How about some offsetting penalties?

All in all, it was a disappointing game.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker