View Single Post
Old 02-16-06, 10:40 AM
Poker? Yeah, three times a night!

GTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

I gotta say, I'm a little biased towards baseball considering my job.

However, I can say that being around the players shows you a love for the game that you can't find anywhere else on the planet.

Those guys eat sleep and live baseball. Before games and after games...most of them find joy in every little aspect about baseball and to see the work that goes in to a single game, let alone a season...it's pretty damn cool.

That being said, the late 90s was a very bad time for baseball. Bonds/McGwire/Sosa...it was rough and the resulting scandals is a big black eye after they recovered from the strike.

Sammy's numbers are quite inflated and he never could get over the hump of Cubs management. It's always been a stigma with the way the team is run. And, suddenly forgetting how to speak english on capitol hill along with cork didn't really help the situation.

I'm hoping the WBC brings some new joy back to the game and, hopefully, with some of the inflated steroid numbers retiring, we can put the past few years behind us (all-star game tie, steroid policy, stupid players association leadership).

The playoffs have been kickass the past few years. The home run derby was insanely popular with the players again.

The sport was damn near dead 12 years ago and it came back. Here's hoping it happens again.

Yeah, you make kings run in to them.