View Single Post
Old 02-22-06, 01:39 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default JDMcNugent - the man, the myth, the formerly broke punk...

got me to thinking about how far JD has come since finding this site last July. I mean.... it's truly amazing. For anyone that doesn't remember or wasn't here at the time, he started out just like any other broke, punk kid. I don't know that he ever officially begged for money on here, but he was playing low, low, low limit stuff, if that. And honestly, I don't even think he was all that good. I just browsed through some of his older posts, just for kicks... it's stunning. How someone can improve this much in half a year astounds me. I mean, I can't even comprehend it.

His first hell of a lot of Railbird threads are gold. $1 tourneys, mostly... occasionally a big $3 buy in. And hardly anyone would reply in them or actually rail him. If they did (like Brian a few times), they would usually rip into his play. My, how things have changed.

JD - Do you even remember what the turning point was for you? I remember you being that broke kid, and then you won $4000 and cashed most of it out and then lost the rest and were the same broke kid again, and then I don't remember what happened for a while, and then those 180s were born on Stars and suddenly you were winning them one after another. That was the turning point, wasn't it? Your streak with those?

I mean, in September, you were still palying $1 tourneys!!!

September!

Ok, here it is.... the mother of all JDMcNugent posts. Please note the date on this as well:

Are you kidding me???????

Words can't express my awe. I'm truly, truly impressed with how far you've come, man. Hell - I'm proud of you.

I can't wait to see what this place looks like in another 6 months. Who will the next superstar be? HeWong? jmayo? Rook?

Shit.... in 6 months, the WSOP will be over. I might be a millionaire by then!

Edit: Please don't post in any of these super old threads that I have linked to. If anyone does, I'm just going to delete the posts - no need to resurrect dead threads.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker

Last edited by Talking Poker; 02-22-06 at 02:01 AM.