Thread: The Big 2
View Single Post
Old 03-06-06, 03:21 AM
Rock

ashmc2 has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsashmc2 has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default my flawed stratagem

This is my reasoning for not max buying. (Other than being a pussy)

I made a goodly portion of my bankroll up till a couple of months ago with this strategy. I know it is flawed, but it worked for me. (Because of the confidence issue. Remember?)

I started on the penny tabs with .50. Then I moved up slowly. As I stated before I only play NL. I would buy in at .05/.1 tab with $2 to $4 or $25 with $10. I would play tight. I would play in a hand and get all my $ in before the turn, with the best hand most of the time. I would get the call quite often with 2nd pr, draws, and shit-kickers, because I was such a short stack. They weren’t afraid the of my baby stack. I would double-up, usually within 10 to 30 min. Then before they noticed how tight I was playing I would leave and start all over again at a new unsuspecting table. (I give a snicker as I twirl my mustache) I would play 3 tabs at a time while doing this. This was my bread and butter for a year while I gained experience through sheer amounts of hands.

But I think I now have the experience to hop out of the nest and try a more straightforward technique and stop surreptitiously pick-pocketing the tards.

I'm ready to give out-thinking my opponents a shot.