View Single Post
Old 03-19-06, 09:55 AM
Fish

mrpotto has between -10 and 0 Rep Points
Default Thanks everyone

I'm evaluating all the good advice I've received. Thank you. I've made it through day one with no on-line poker. I went out with my wife and friends last night and had a great time and never once thought about leaving early to play pp (I did however think about leaving early to have sex with my wife which is perfectly healthy IMHO for a 42 year old!). I found myself sucked in back in December after my blackjack binge loss and was able to take 3 weeks off without missing it. Although my Dad passed away around that time so I was too distracted anyway.

Thing is I feel like I'm a decent poker player and I'm an accountant who has a decent grasp of statistics/math, etc. Thats been frustrating since haven't been able to kill the low limit games. I know --- we all think were Doyle Brunsons. I also do reasonably well in live games - low stakes generally. I plan to still play these as we play a couple times a month and here I play for the social aspects more so than for the gambling aspects.

I will take PP off my work pc immediately as it was impacting performance there. I don't know if my personality will ever make it reasonable for me to play online again. Time will tell if I can resist.

Thanks again,
Chris