Thread: First hold em
View Single Post
Old 11-26-04, 11:53 PM
Rock

hackers238 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointshackers238 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointshackers238 has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Haha, yes an old magic player as well. I had a blue counter/merfolk deck, which was my pride and joy. Used to go down to this club, the magic guild, and play for hours. Got a little childish though, and all my friends dropped out so I did too.

As for poker, always played 5-card draw as a kid, with grandparents and friends for pennies. Then I wen't on a christian summer trip to virginia to help repair homes for people, and some kid brought 500 silver and gold poker chips. The trip had said that kids should bring about $100 in spending money, so all of our parents had filled our pockets before we left; in reality, we really didn't need to spend a cent!

So everyone bought in to this kids chips at the beginning of the week, silver were 50 cents, and gold were a dollar. We played every night, and by the end we all cashed out and went home. Ever since then poker has been in the back of my mind as one of the best times I ever had, but not until the beginning of this past summer did I realize you could play online! That and some friendly home games are where I'm at right now.

Note to Self - Play ABC Poker.