View Single Post
Old 04-05-06, 09:14 AM
Cardinals FTW

JDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points
Default I've been gone...

TP sent me a PM along with quite a few others wondering where I've been lately, and this is basically what i told TP - and he said it'd be a good idea to post it.

this is just my PM back to TP explaining where i've been, and to let u all know too.

basically what happened is i got real sick as u know with allergies - missed like a month of school and during that month i could never go out - got used to being alone - and IMO got Too into poker. I didnt even really miss my friends or wanna go out for awhile - i was totally fine sitting at home on a friday night playing poker rather than being with all my friends (good thing in a way since i couldnt go out anyway- being sick an all)

Anyway i started gettin healthy again like a week b4 Spring break - which happened at the Perfect time - down there i had the best week of my life with just all my good friends and just being busy and hangin out and partying all the time and wutnot. without sounding too corny it just showed me how unimportant poker and $ really are and how way Too much of my life was goin towards poker.

I dont have a strict scheldule or anything but lately it's basically school from 8-3, lacrosse from 3:30 - 6:30 - and then hangin out with friends till like 10:30 where i come home and workout and play the guitar b4 i go to bed. So i have alot less time for poker it seems and i've prob played 4 times in the last 3 weeks, and im totally fine and happy with that. On weekends its just having fun with friends all the time and ill get some poker in early in the morning when theres nothin goin on.

didnt mean for that to get all long and everything but its weird how much happier i am now winning no $ and having fun, than winning Alot of $ and thinking i was having alot of fun.

with all that said i have nothing against poker and i plan on continuing to play it when i have time - and meanwhile its a great source of income. im just gonna mainly play cash games and less tournys for now cuz they just take too long. I just really learned that poker will always be there for me - and now i try to play only when theres nothing more productive or more fun to do and doing stuff to improve ur life is a huge step towards being happier.