View Single Post
Old 04-10-06, 03:19 PM
Doesn't 2011 start the next decade?

Robbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points
Default Initial thoughts

My first reactions on Stacked...

Well, let's see here. It was nice and easy to skip through the plethora of intro videos. That's a plus. The interesting thing is, it launched in a window rather than fullscreen. That was suprising to me.

My first attempt at playing met with VERY minimal success. I checked out the online functionality but there were no other players so that didn't happen. Next up a I tried a quick play and it closed. bummer. I had company coming over so I gave up for the night.

I fired it up again today and started a 'Career' mode. Like most games, you need to progress through various levels to make it to the big games.

For the most part, the game is pretty cool. There's supposed to be an online tourney tonight that I'm going to try to get in to see how that works.

My biggest beef is the speed of the game. You can click on the logo to speed up the game during the deal. If you fold out of the hand, you can also click on the logo to speed finish the rest of the hand. However, when you stay in the hand, you have to play through at regular speed. Which is SLOW. I think if any dealer in real life moved as slow as the one in the game did, they'd be fired.

I haven't played enough yet to determine how good the AI is vs. other games such as WCP or WCP2. Well, that's not true, my cat has a better poker AI than WCP (the first, not the second).

The other thing I've found is that changing the resolution from 640x480 to 1024x768 didn't really seem to do anything. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or the way I'm interpreting (or perhaps MISinterpreting) the setting. Must play some more to figure that one out.