View Single Post
Old 04-10-06, 05:13 PM
Title-free

bunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

I think the only way you can possibly do this is, if you have enough of a bankroll, (apart from the poker bankroll) to live well for 1 year. This way if things don't go well at poker, you won't be in the poor house for that 1 year.

If you win, though...I'm pretty sure you're not going to stop at one year. You say that now, but eventually that 1 year will turn into 2, 3 or maybe even 5 years. And you will, most definitely forget about your "heart & soul" job, because it won't matter to you as much. (not if the money's that good)

Poker is stressful but also very addictive.

Coaching (a real job) guarantees you a paycheck. Poker doesn't. What may seem great today (winning streak) may not be so great tomorrow. Think about it long and hard before you make your decision.

But... most important, is the family. It's going to be just as stressful for them, but if they're willing to stand by you, and you feel that positive about it...then go for it. I wish you all the luck in the world.