View Single Post
Old 05-04-06, 12:26 AM
Thousand Post Club

Gordogg has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsGordogg has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsGordogg has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsGordogg has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

I agree with Bunny's statement about the money. The government isn't getting a slice of the pie and can't do shit about it because the sites are in different countries. They could regulate it and tax it to make it legal, but the quick fix is to make it illegal to stop it now, then regulate it later when the court cases start piling up. Same thing about complete and utter failure of the government's "war on drugs". Marijuana being illegal while alcohol is legal is fucking ridiculous. Where's the "war on alcohol"? Alcohol is definitely more fatal than weed smokin. But there's no money to be made in a war on alcohol because too many people want to drink it so people would be doing it anyway. Which is true about weed too, but not as many people smoke weed (one of the reasons is because it's illegal which is asinine) so I think the government makes more money taxing all americans for the "war on drugs" which includes marijuana, rather than legalizing it and only taxing the people who want to smoke it, which is only fair in my opinion.

Last thing, why isn't online stock purchasing and trading illegal if online poker is? Investing in stocks involves chance does it not? You are buying, or wagering, x amount of dollars per stock in hopes that the stock goes up and you turn a profit. There's no guarantee a stock is going to go up or down, it's chance. The difference is the government makes money from that, and not online poker. American government is lame. Oh yeah, and money is the root of all evil.