View Single Post
Old 05-08-06, 10:43 AM
squeezed the charmin

melioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Provisional squad:
Robinson (Tottenham), James (Manchester City), Green (Norwich); G Neville (Manchester United), Ferdinand (Manchester United), Terry (Chelsea), Cole (Arsenal), Campbell (Arsenal), Carragher (Liverpool), Bridge (Chelsea), Beckham (Real Madrid), Carrick (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Jenas (Tottenham), Downing (Middlesbrough), J Cole (Chelsea), Lennon (Tottenham), Rooney (Manchester United), Owen (Newcastle), Crouch (Liverpool), Walcott (Arsenal).

Standby:
Carson (Liverpool), Young (Charlton), Reo-Coker (West Ham), Defoe (Tottenham), Johnson (Crystal Palace).

shocking......I am not too impressed with the defenders. Ferdinand, Cole, and Campbell are definitely all questionable at this point, either injury wise or mentally. Neville has got to be pretty old by now, and Bridge is suspect in his decision making. That just leaves Terry (a rock and potential captain) and Carragher (who played out of his mind in the CL last season, can he do it again?).

I actually like the midfield, I think he picked some players that will play a role to allow Gerrard and Lampard work their magic. With this lineup I can really see England going with a 4-5-1, assuming Owen is fit. IN the midfield I can see Cole and Becks out wide, Gerrard and Lampard ravanging the middle and Carrick holding as a d-mid.

edit- I had Hargreaves out of position in the role that Carrick should play

Last edited by melioris; 05-08-06 at 05:50 PM.