View Single Post
Old 05-09-06, 08:23 AM
MC Adam Yauch

PShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep Points

When fishfinding, I usually will sit to the immediate left or one to the left of the fishy player. However, I'm not that picky.

For instance, I'm on a waitlist and a table pops up with a seat open. It's directly across from my targeted fish, so the position isn't that great. However, if I look and see that the person to the right of the open seat is sitting with $90, I'll sit down anyway.

Players sitting short is a true sign of retardedness. Even if I don't have stats, I'm pretty confident that it's probably a good seat. If I find out that's not true, I'll move after one orbit sometimes. I change seats a lot.

It's kind of distracting and is definitely a much bigger pain in the ass than just opening 4-tables and sitting down. It's worth it to me though.

With a list as big as mine, it's hard not to find 10 buddies online at once. You'd be surprised at just how many times the seat that opens up is the seat you actually want. There's times where I'll join 10 waitlists and the first 3 tables that open up have juicy seats.

I'm very meticulous when it comes to poker. Any edge I can get is an edge worth exploiting. The sea of fish is just so vast at Party, that after you've collected enough data, it's not that hard to find them.

While you are still accumulating names on your list, my suggestion is this:

When you know you want to play, start datamining first. Open up your software, start mining, go get a drink, have a smoke, fix a snack, etc.

Come back 30-40 minutes later and while you don't have totally significant data, you have a good idea where the fish are. If a player has been dealt 30 hands, played 18 of them, and never raised prefloop, well, you don't need 10,000 hands on him to know he's a weiner.

So, start mining before you play, join all 10 lists when you come back and see what pops up.