View Single Post
Old 05-24-06, 11:28 PM
Rock

MathBabe has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsMathBabe has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsMathBabe has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Default Pre-tourney madness

So, today was my birthday. I got great treatment all day from both the big and little guys, including a nice dinner out with Mr. Mathbabe. I had a cocktail while I waited for him to get there from work, then we split a bottle of wine.

Cabbing it home, we walked in the door at 9:22pm. I got on the computer at 9:24pm, found the tourney, logged in, hit register... and found only $10.45 in my account! Damn, I'm 55 cents short!

I hopped on table Pia (.25/.50 Limit) and had the following six hands:
Hand 1, 9:36pm: K9o, fold before the flop.
Hand 2, 9:30pm: i'm in the big blind now. Q2o, time's running out! There's a raise before me, but I re-raise! Flop comes 84K, I bet and am called; turn is a 7, I bet and am called; river is a 5, I bet, am called, and he takes it with his 5. I'm now down $2. Damn!
Hand 3, 9:31pm: 54s, a pre-flop raise, I back down and fold. Mr. Mathbabe is still gutting himself laughing at the last hand, and I don't want him to hurt himself.
Hand 4, 9:32pm: 83o, I fold before the flop. I give up, deposit $50, and log in to the tournament. One person leaves the table.
Hand 5, 9:33pm: Hey, I notice I have ATo! I raise before the flop, which comes 445; I bet and am called; turn is a 2, we both check; river is an A, he bets, I raise, and he folds! I'm now back up to $9.75, still short. Someone else leaves.
Hand 6, 9:34pm: AKo! By now I have a maniac reputation; I raise before the flop and two people call; it comes QAT, I bet and 1 person calls; turn is a 4, I bet and am called; river is a 6, I bet and he folds. Two more people leave the table. I collect $1.70, bringing me up to $11.20, enough for my buy-in... but a few minutes too late.

I play my first tourney hand, go back to the table to click 'sit out'... and find everybody gone! I killed the table!