View Single Post
Old 12-04-04, 06:49 PM
Maniac

Gutzz has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Sometimes if you're UTG or UTG+1 it might be good to raise more because there're so many people behind you who might call.

like, imagine if you bet 4xbb with AA UTG and some guy in MP called with 55 to catch set, then guy next to him saw JTs and decided to call, and then the guy after that had some other lame hand and wanted to call since he was getting better than 3:1 on his money and would have position on all the other guys. Then the BB looks down and sees some junky hand and goes 'what the heck it's only 3bb more to see flop.

What's the result? You got AA and are out of position vs a bunch of players who could theoretically have anything. Also, the pot is large so if the flop is coordinated you might have to bet it hard to push draws out, and the other guys might've hit the flop hard!

Essentially you can get into serious trouble if you only bet 4x in EP with AA and KK, since you're very likely to lose a lot on the flop/turn if someone bets, so it's often good to bet it hard PF to remove some of the draws a little.

Anywho, I have noticed a lot of people like to min bet or bet 3xbb with AA/KK UTG orUTG +1 in hopes of getting a reraise by JJ or AK. I think this's good depending on the tables, but of course is risky.

Cheers,

Gutzz

PS. I think the players who bet it hard PF do so because they either think someone will call it, or because they're afraid they'll overplay the aces and lose a huge stack.