View Single Post
Old 12-07-04, 01:03 PM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points

No, the play of the game seems the same, though you have to adjust for the extra players and the fact that you will be playing 5 or 6 handed for a while, something that I find a bit tougher, especially since you go from 5 handed back to 10 handed when the tables combine. Also when you get to the final table (so to speak) you will be playing a regular 10 player SNG but with blinds at the level they have increased to and varying amount of chips, seems you better have at least doubled up at your first table to really have any use of decent strategy. You don't want to be in a situation where you have to double up and still have 8 opponents. If your a good SNG player and can adjust to these minor/major changes you may hit the jackpot.

I was a bit upset with myself in the second game I played yesterday because I was the chip leader with 6 players left and busted out 6th. Kept getting the short stacks pushing in when I was in the blind and it didn't cost me that much to call and I always had decent hand AQs, JJ, AKo, etc... and they kept catching with A/rag. In a game like this when there is only 20K in chips total it hurts to lose 700 or 800 even if your the leader and thats just what happened to me. If I would have won one of those hands where I was a racing favorite I think I would have been OK, but as it is I will be at level 1 in a few minutes.