View Single Post
Old 07-29-06, 03:51 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

So... I played online for a bit yeserday, having to set up and customize PT, PAH, etc on my laptop - what a pain. I was down early, but ended the session a winner, thanks mostly to Suckout #3 (of my last nearly 7000 hands). I'll post that one later with some others I've set aside.

I drove down to the Rio in the mid afternoon. Did I mention how hot it is here in Vegas??? It was 111. And my rental car's AC sucks. It usually starts to cool off (to like a cool 98 or so inside the car, if I had to guess) about the time I'm pulling into the Rio parking lot.

Anywa, I bounced around the Expo thingee for a while, got some more free loot, and then went to the Poker Players Alliance thing. They had free food (I didn't eat) and drinks (I drank). Speakers included Ferguson, Lederer, Raymer, and the dude who runs the PPA. If you guys aen't members yet, you really should be. It's $20, and they even send ou a nice tshirt:

At 7:30, I met 2Tone at the Irish Kilt bar in the Rio, as planned. Lightfungush and his frind Rob showed up a while later, and Zybomb sent a few text messages saying he was running late. Running late turned into standing us up - jerk! hehe... Anyway, we had a nice time chatting, drinking, and eating.

The four of us then went down to check out the Main Event, and Rob left us. We got on the list for some cash games ($4/8 limit for 2 Tone, and $2/5 NL for fungus and me). After a good 45 minute wait (ugh) we finally sat down.

Stupid me only had $600 in his wallet, so I bought in for the max. After folding every hand for two orbits, I lipmed in from the button out of boredeom with T6s. One of the blinds raised (to $20), another guy called, and I called. The flop came 234 with 2 spades. The SB bet $45, the other guy called and I called. The turn was a blank and it checked around. The river was a K and they both checked again. I bet $120, the SB folded and the other guy called with KQ. Well, that play didn't quite work.... just bad timing, but an annoying start.

I reloaded for my last $100, and continued to not win a single hand for a while. I took a walk to find an ATM so I could reload properly, and it had a $31.99 fee on a $500 withdraw!!! No thanks - I'll play short stacked, even though I hate it.

Well, eventually, after taking a beat or two but mostly being card dead, I get 64s in the SB. I flop a 4 and 2 hearts and bet. One caller. The turn gives me a flush and I bet again, and he calls gain. The river pairs the board and I check/call, and sure enough, he shows me a bigger flush. This left with with a whopping $55 in my stack.

I literally laughed and said it would be stupid for me to stay, but then I jokingly said I'd play until the BB (why not, right?), expecting to get AA and double up to a whopping $110. Ohhhhh....

Well, first hand on the button, I limp in after a few others with QT. The flop comes Qxx, I check raise all in and get no callers. The next hand, I am dealt AA. Are you kidding me??? There is a raise preflop, I reraise, the button and original aiser both call. The flop is 3 rags, it checks to me and I push in. The button calls and the other guy folds. the button shows KK! I double up.

The very next hand, I call a raise from the CO with KQ. The flop is QQx with 2 spades and the raiser bets. I call. The turn is a K - he checks and I check, hoping he'll catch a flush or something on the river. The river is a J and he bets about half of his stack, so I push in and he calls, showing JJ for Jacks full of Queens. I flip of my Queens full of Kings and actually take his entire stack, as I had him covered. Note that this was THREE HANDS IN A ROW from when I almost left with $55.

The very next hand, I continue to play my rush and limp in with T9. I end up flopping an open ended straight draw AND a T high flushdraw (with a Q on the board), but I let it go on the turn, because I'm all but certain he has a bigger heart than me and I don't have nearly as many outs as it looks like. He later told me he had KK with the Kh, meaning I had 6 outs, and not 15. Good fold. The rush is over, but I'm back to having a reasonable stack, in the $400ish range.

I play for another hour or so, and finally leave a bit after 3 with..... $602, for a sweet $2 profit! The Main Event was still going on when I left, so it looks like I can expect to be playing until about 3:30 AM Sunday night, give or take.

BTW - 2Tone left an $11 winner and fungusboy was up when I left him, so hopefully he had a nice session.

Ok, that was a long update.... More later. No poker or alcohol for me today, so don't expect anything too exciting from me. Tomorrow is the big day!!!

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker