View Single Post
Old 07-31-06, 06:34 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

They say the day you get knocked out of the WSOP Main Event is the worst day of the year. I don't think it's quite THAT bad, but it is a pretty sucky feeling.

Yup, I'm out. I made it until the last hour of play for the day, but with a short stack and increasing blinds, I had to start pressing a little bit. Eventually, I got busted.

All in all, I feel like I played great, with the exception of one possible hand. I sent Robbie all sorts of updates about it (it was a SICK hand), but I see none ever made it here. Who goes to bed at 9 PM PT? Pffffttt! I played for 5 hours after that!

Anyway, I did keep a log of all interesting hands, and I will post them all later, but for now, here's an update to say I'm out. And I'm ok with it. I outlasted almost 2/3 of the field, and like I said, I feel like I played great. There were a couple of times where (in Hellmuth's words) "I was supposed to go broke here" and I didn't. That one big second best hand really clobbered me. I won't type it all up now, but basically, the board was QQQTK and I had AK. They way it played out, it would have been difficult for me to not lose a lot of chips there. I know I played it wrong, but I'm not even sure where really.... It was just a bad hand, and yes, it was for a $25k pot. Losing that knocked me down to 6kish, and I fought with that stack for like 3 more hours, but eventually busted.

More details later. Thanks to everyone for all the support - sorry I couldn't come through with a better finish.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker