View Single Post
Old 08-06-06, 12:45 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

The sweatshirts (not sweaters) are really great, and they WILL be available. Really. I may not make a fancy store, but they will be available to you guys... I don't know how much they will cost yet, but they are't cheap... probably about $50 shipped. Of course, I'll throw in a mousepad, a pen, some chips, etc. Someone bug me about this in about a week if I haven't made a new thread by then.

Time for today's update:

I slept in, lounged around here for a while, and headed over to the Rio. I wasn't planning on playing, so I worse shorts, a tshirt, and sandals - HUGE mistake. It's so cold in there, I was joking that I expected it to start snowing at any time. I literally ordered a hot chocolate while I was playing (yes, I played).

Anyhoo, when I got thre to do my paperwork to get paid for last night's cash, they told me it would be an hour wait. Ugh. To kill some time, I went and got in line to play one of the $175 SNGs. They are winner take all: $1500 in tourney chips ($T, basically) plus $120 in cash. Most tables usually do a last longer too, which I always take part in, since there's no juice on that money. Today, 6 of us did one for $40 (that was the amount of change one dude had).

I decided to play more aggressively than usual, and it went pretty well. One time, I checked raised a guy all in with nothing (K high) without taking account of his stack, and he called and I doulbed him up. I was right that he was weak, but he committed himself with his bet. Oh well. Eventually, I outlasted the other last longer guys, so I pocked that $240 ($200 net - more than paid for my SNG), and then kept rolling. By the time we got heads up, I had a solid 2:1 chip lead on the other guy (who was the one that I doubled up earlier). I know I'm a better player than he is and I probably would have won, but anything can happen in Heads Up poker, so we made a deal. I gave him $580 in cash to basically go away (I made him leave $10 for the dealers). That got me the $1500 in chips, plus $120 in cash, which I left $40 more or the dealers. So... when all is said an done for this, that's $1620 - 580 - 40 - 175 = 825 + 200 - 40 = $985 net. Call it an even thousand. Not bad for killing time!

I went and sold the three $500 chips for $1500 cash (this took me all of 2 minutes), and then went back to the cash out area. I did some paperwork, had them give me $1030 in cash and wire the remaining $29k to my bank. Daniel Negreanu was standing in the window next to me, claiming his cash rom the Main Event... He didn't look particularly happy (it's a bad time - I know this first hand now), so I didn't even talk to him.

I came back here and hung out by the pool for a bit, and even took a little nap out there. Now I just need to decide if I feel like going out tonight or not. I'm leaning towards staying here and not playing poker and not drinking, but you never know. If things go according to plan, tomorrow will be a fun non-poker day. I'll update you on that later.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker