View Single Post
Old 08-09-06, 03:36 AM
Shark

johnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjohnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjohnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjohnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

I honestly think you lack discipline. I'm not saying that I'm the most disciplined or anything, but when I read these posts that go back and forth like this, it seems like there might be a maturity issue. Now, don't get me wrong. You've had the best results out of anybody in the forum, and you seem to have amazing instincts and can absolutely kill cash games. You haven't even started college yet, you have more money than 99.9% of people your age have, and you know that you're good. I know that you've never just put your whole bankroll on the line or anything. But it seems to me that, if you make a set of goals, you should have a well thought-out reason for each goal. There must be a reason you think you shouldn't be playing 10/20 right now. It would probably help if you keep that reason in mind, so that you can resist talking yourself into doing it.

I don't say this in a negative way, but whenever I read you say that you plan on sticking to a certain limit, etc., I always think that it's unlikely you'll stick to it. Again, there haven't ever been disastrous consequences, but you have to be careful.

P.S. I'm only 22 myself and don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing the youngsters or something. Please don't take my comments as condescending.

On a side not, my goals for August should have included "Don't play any poker if you value your bankroll." The $27 Turbos along with a string of bad luck in MTTs and a needed cashout have been brutal.