View Single Post
Old 08-21-06, 11:07 AM
Shark

bdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Points
Default heh

I sent pshabi a long, rambing PM - but yeah, i feel his (and everyone else on this string's) pain. I had to do the whole 'start from scratch' thing and so far its been one of the best decisions i have made in poker for some time.

I had to get into the mindset of starting over. I sort of tried to do that one or two times before, but i found myself buying into big MTTs or playing higher-than-i-should NL cash games. I had to clean out and totally commit to starting over.

So, I cashed out a decent amount and i have put what i have lost from my winnings behind me. That was a big step. The last 2-3 weeks i am back to the grinding machine. I mix my games up quite a bit and i am back to having fun again (winning definitely helps).

I talked a bit with TP about this - but i am a big fan of mixing up your games to keep you fresh. Especially for the limit grinders out there. Even if its a game where you might have a small -EV - just play it at a low limit for a night. Get some experience at a new game and get recharged to go back to what you specialize in.

This has worked out nicely for me - as i have played a fair amount of Razz, both Studs and both Omahas. This is translating well for HORSE - and it also gives some other tourney options.