View Single Post
Old 12-10-04, 09:51 PM
Rock

johnbaker has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

the key to sng success (in my opinion) is seeing cheap flops with suited connectors when you know the other player(s) have hands they wont be able to get away from when you hit a flop. i like playing pot limit holdem sng's, because pocket pairs cant raise out my suited connectors preflop. any pocket pair is also very profitable, because if you hit a set and have position, you WILL double up if anyone hit the flop at all. people in sng's are all about donating... people will always call your all in with top pair on the river with any kicker unless theres like an open ended straight on the board or 4 to a flush or something reeeeally scary like that. being able to play position is key to breaking people in sng's, so if you dont understand how to play position, i suggest you learn.

depending on how much raising goes on preflop in your sng, you might be able to safely limp in early position with suited connectors. if it is an aggressive or reckless game, then obviously dont play them up front...

also in pot limit, do not slow play any strong hand that could get broken. you need to raise as much as possible preflop with JJ-AA, then depending on the flop, you will be able to actually go all in and keep idiots from screwing you.. if you have appropriately pumped up the pot.

i like the fact that you admit to being a losing player at the moment; being able to admit this shows that you have potential to become a winning player. keep questioning your own plays and strategies, and keep improving your game... you'll definitly become a good player this way.

-jB