Thread: JD, Boobie > Me
View Single Post
Old 09-06-06, 03:22 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default JD, Boobie > Me

I decided to give 3/6 NL a shot this week. I've played pretty high limit games (and very high tourney buy ins - duh) in the past, but in NL cash games, 2/4 is the highest I've ever gone.... well, for more than a few hands, anyway.

So.... things started off great. I finished my first session up $800ish. The next session was down $1200 or so, I think. I had had a couple of sessions where I was around even (+ or - 0 to $300), including last night's where I started off well, but then took a lot of annoying beats and finished down a bit.

Today has been UGLY. Fortunately, I've ALSO been playing 2/4 and winning there - up $500 today (correction - now $400 thanks to that 4 outer), but for 3/6, I'm down... let's see... carry the one... something like $900 or so.

My total for the month at 3/6 is -1400. I kow thats "only" 2.5 buy ins, but it's still frustrating... This is over 1600 hands played, which I also realize is a small sample. I think it's most frustrating because I'm down something like $2500-3000 from my peak.

All in all, I'd have to say my luck has been "average" to a little below average. It was a bit above to start, but has definitely been below recently:
FH runs into quads
Top two loses to gutshot
My straight gives my opponent a FH (2 outs)
Etc.

That said, I've made a couple of bad moves I didn't need to make... OVerall, I thought I was playing a little too passively, so a few times I've done what Boobie said and made a play when I sensed weakness. This has worked, but it's also cost me when they come back over the top. If I had to guess, I'd say I'm a bit down in those situations overall.

Note that I don't really have a question here, but comments are welcome, as is encouragement.

One thing I will say, and this surprised me a bit, but the 2/4 game seems a lot softer now that I've logged some hands at 3/6.

OK, I guess I do have a question: JD/Boobie/anyone - when you made this particular move (or other similar moves), did you lose at first, or were you winning off the bat?

I guess I know I can beat this game, but there are a couple of adjustments I need to make still. I've seen some plays here that I NEVER saw (other than me doing them) at 2/4... so I need to give me opponents a little more credit.

Anyway... hopefully I'll learn to crush/dominate these games like Boobie and JD someday. Maybe I should give Bodog a whirl. I hate how it doesn't support PT though. That's the main reason I've avoided it... well, that, their lack of 6 max games, and their sucky interface.

P.S. After rolling steadily (no huge pots) as I've been typing this, I'm now up > $600 in my 2/4 game. At least that's going well.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker