View Single Post
Old 10-10-06, 01:56 PM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points

This is the height of hypocracy, or at least stupididty.

The NFL has been against gambling on it's games weather off-shore or in Vegas for a long time. The NCAA holds a similar position.

ESPN has been noted as siding with this anti-gambling stance.

Do any of the above groups have even the smallest clue how their product IMMEDIATLY becomes less valuable if gambling were to somehow be banned altogether? Honestly, does anyone think people are watch a Monday night game involving Oakland and KC of they don't have money on it?

OK, maybe some people would still watch because it's MNF and they have a fantasy player on the field, but you can't tell me anyone on the country gives a solid shit about Boise ST and Hawaii at midnight on Saturday if they don't have action on the game. There would not be college football 4-5 nights a week if not for gambling on it.

ESPN especially should see this, and I really don't see how the NFL is so blind, honestly. I'm not saying TV money dries up on NFL games if betting is stopped, but it sure goes down a bit, instead of steadily increasing like it has been. As far as the NCAA goes, I honestly thing a bunch of the non-tournament games don't get on TV again if people aren't betting on them.

Think people.