View Single Post
Old 10-30-06, 01:32 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default Biggest winning and losing hands for the month...

So, I just thought of an interesting idea for a thread that I think could be beneficial for everyone.

At the end of a lot of my sessions, I review my biggest winning and losing hands in Poker Tracker and analyze my play (I love the "Playback This Hand" thing). Well, I say that I do this, but I will admit that I don't do it as much as I should. I think this is a GREAT practice though, and I highly encourage you guys to start doing it if you aren't doing it already. As you are looking at these big hands, it will help you evaluate your play, regardless of whether or not you logged a winning or losing session. Were you simply lucky or unlucky, or were you playing well or playing badly? I think doing this daily is the best idea, but for the sake of this thread, let's look at the entire month of October.

What I am suggesting is this:

1. Open PT and filter your stats to show everything for this month (Filters Tab)
2. Go to the Game Notes tab, click "Get All" and then sort by "BB" - I think this is better than "Net" for those of you who are playing many different levels. This will sort your biggest winning hands to the top of the list. Click it again and it will reverse it and move your biggest losers to the top.
3. Click on the Game Number for your biggest winner and your biggest loser, copy and paste the HHs, and post them here.

With each HH (post them separately), do your best to self analyze it. If you won a monster pot by playing like a donkey and sucking out, say so. If you got all in with the nuts and lost, that's ok, but say so. And ideally, go through the HH and analyze every street (where applicable) and see if you could have played the hand better.

I haven't looked at my biggest hands for the month yet, so don't think I'm doing this in hopes of making some sort of brag post or something, because that's not the case at all. In fact, thinking back over the course of the entire month, there were definitely some hands I played pretty badly, so I'm expecting to see one of those as my biggest loser.

Anyway, if a bunch of us do this, I think it will be a good learning tool for both the posters (self analyzers) and everyone else who is reading along. And if people comment on other people's hands, that's even better.

Good idea? Let's do it!

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker