View Single Post
Old 12-16-04, 11:32 PM
Run Silent || Run Deep

BlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

Coming into this late here, but I would say you might sit at $3/$6 with $300 and that would give you a good size stack. You seem to be saying that is your bankroll, and that (since it is one buyin) is not enough of a bankroll for $3/$6.....or $2/$4, or $1/$2.

I do agree that if you have other money that you can re-deposit if you bust out of that original $300 then you "bankroll" is not $300, it is unlimited (until the divorce, then its 1/2 of unlimited ).

If you are trying to run up a set amount through the levels, IMO, you have to leave yourself more than one buyin at a level to keep from busting out with the type of run you describe. By jumping up to $1/$2 too quickly you didn't leave yourself an out to fall back on.

You titled your thread "I knew it would happen" and I think that is right. You knew this would happen if you kept pushing up through the levels. At some point you hit a level that you can't beat OR just get a bad run of cards, and when that happens you need to have enough left to take one step back. You now have to either take 3-4 back (.10/.20) or redeposit.

Just my opinions, take em or not...

Good luck building it back up.