View Single Post
Old 11-12-06, 10:34 AM
Run Silent || Run Deep

BlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

Nice thread.

I have also seen a similar thing happening much more lately. This is mostly early in tournaments when there are many people limping in with weak hands trying to flop miracles.

Say the blinds are 30/60 and 4 people limp , SB calls and the BB raises the pot (roughly). Everyone folds. That is +300 chips.

This seems to work pretty well, from what I've seen, but if it doesn't work....

1) First limper calls the raise and then the second limper says "well, I'm getting odds" and calls, other limpers call and you are in 2nd position after the flop in a 6 way LARGE pot.

2) Getting a call doesn't mean they have a big hand. They just might have called off 1/5 of their stack with 9Ts (with position on the BB raiser).

3) Continuation betting can be tricky if you get a call (or more) since you know the range of hands they started with is so wide.

I have rarely seen the BB raisers cards in this spot, so it is hard to say if they really did have big hands (PPs?) or if this is a move that is made with any two.

Personally, I think the move you posted is a much stronger play since you will have position regardless. The BB steal either works or gets you in trouble for a large portion of your stack.

http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/blog.php?u=64

Last edited by BlibbityBlabbity; 11-12-06 at 10:39 AM.