Thread: Nl 200
View Single Post
Old 12-31-06, 01:39 PM
MC Adam Yauch

PShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep Points

I just use the default rules. It's just a starting point. Once you have stats on 40% or so of the players (I'm not quit there yet for NL200), they work just fine. The default rules presort it and then I just go through and join lists. Before I play, I mine for a bit and have PAHUD on with that table opener AHK program and the stats are displayed right on the table. If a seat comes open on a table that wasn't opened and therefore doesn't have a stat overlay, I just find it on the 6th sense chart and the stats are there anyway. If the seat IN THE RIGHT POSITION opens up, voila. It's more than worth it at this level, where there are 50-70 tables going on in peak times.

I seriously never would've imagined it would be this easy to run players over in NL. I understand there will be losing days, believe me. 6-max limit kicks the shit out of NL in terms of sick, sick losing days and variance. But, there are plenty of players on FTP at this level that will just fold their money over to you all day long. Limp, Limp, I raise 78s OTB, one player calls. K52 flop. CB, ship it. Rinse, repeat. Sure there are times when I have to actually play and read hands, but that's easier in NL too. A lot of the time though, I'm just picking up a lot of small pots. The graph kind of shows that. There are a few times where I stacked/got stacked, but mostly it's just steady gain from picking up small pot after small pot. It literally amazes me at how people just let me take the amount of pots that I do. I'm not talking all yesterday either, cause I did log 12k hands at NL100 before this.

Seat selection, seat selection, seat selection.

Actually, my roll is tiny these days. I was up about 12k through the end of May and then hit that sick, sick, sick June run where I dumped about 4k. Bonuses and RB kind of negated that for the most part (thank god for that acceler8tor shit Party had) but the rest of the year (from June til Nov) I pretty much broke even, which sucked hard. I spent 5k moving to Vegas and then took a bunch out for Christmas shopping, which has been the practice for 3 years now. Anyway, all that left me slightly over-rrolled for NL100. I still don't quite have 4k online, but fuck it, I took a gamble.

If it bites me in the ass, I'll move down to 100 again, but I think I'll be fine here.