View Single Post
Old 10-31-08, 09:53 PM
Doesn't 2011 start the next decade?

Robbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

I did think it through and I knew that there would be a response exactly like this. What I don't understand is why people think it's okay for there to be damage. I know it's happened before, I know it will happen again. That doesn't mean it should be tolerated. European Football fans are just as bad. I'm sure there's been idiocy up here in Canada too although I can't think of anything (maybe that's because the last time the Leafs won the Cup I wasn't born. I don't recall any damage/violence from the Jays sorta-back-to-back series wins in the early 90's). With regards to my statement that the MLB should strip the title - how many years in a row do you think they'd have to do it before a Series Title doesn't equal mayhem and destruction in the home town? (maybe this is just me being optimistic that people learn...)

As for my statement about the American way being sue everyone and eventually someone with deep enough pockets pays - there's nothing weird about it. Only in America would you have idiots suing McDonald's because they're too stupid to realize that coffee is hot or that fast food will make you fat. I realize these actions aren't representative of the largest section of the American population but the fact that nothing has been changed to stop this idiotic lawsuits is a good indication that nobody wants it to change. Almost every type of misfortune or tragedy in the U.S. is followed up a day or two later with a lawsuit.

I guess what surprises me most about your response Lou is that you seem perfectly fine with vandals going out and causing millions of dollars of damage by stating "it's to be expected." That right there says a lot about the state of society today. Maybe that should have been my point in the original post: Society has degenerated to the point where no one is upset or surprised by this ghoulish mob mentality behaviour. Sigh.