View Single Post
Old 01-02-06, 10:54 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

---Also in post----
Originally Posted by rookette22
Have you been spending lots of time with TP? Cus that's exactly what he said!

The whole point to this is to make it fun and maybe get a few new members in here and make this forum well known. Only way to do that is to make it cheap enough for members to join in the tourney. If you make it too pricey then you'll be the same ppl that you were when we had the last tourney that you were in charge of. How many were we? 13? WTF are you talking about? A freeroll is too pricey? That was a free tourney (you played in it after all). I invited 22 people and 13 played. It was a private forum tourney, so yeah, that's what I wanted. Ok since there is 2 forums, maybe you'll get 20 peeps at most. Is that what you all want??

It was fun mind you but same o same o. We want a big turnout. We want people to talk about this tourney.At first it was, "hey, let's have a tourney with the members of TP against the members of another forum." Now it's a crusade to drive up membership. A $5 tourney that only gets advertised here and on the other forum is not going to produce new members. I'd say that 90% of the people who joined the forum at the time you did or after joined for a freerolll. Frerolls are free. All in all, I'm not feeling it. You really expect people to pony up to TP ahead of time from the other site? If you think each forum leader is going to take care of their own, then who is setting up the tourney? If you do it like you suggested, then someone has to set it up as a "freroll" at Stars. That would require one of the forum admins to actually put the money up ahead of time, with the good faith that the other admin is going to give him the money he's collected. Who would want to do that? Well those were my plans. Guess you guys just want to play each other. If that's the case, I'll suggest it to the other admin.

I think we need a vote on this....we need "Superman" ..wait.... no; wrong dude lol....we need Blibbity to set up a vote count thing-a-ma-jig. Furthermore, if the forum name is going to be put on this thing, I'd like for the forum to be well-represented. It's not my forum, but I wouldn't want a bunch of low-balling recruits brought in to "represent" the forum. Let's have the members do that. I think you've gotten criss-crossed on what you're trying to accomplish here. Are you trying to set up a tourney so that the forum can "battle" another for a good time and bragging rights, or are you trying to recruit people? BTW, we've had a number of buy-in tournies on Stars and I can't think of ONE member who was drawn to the forum and stayed here because of one of them.

---End Also in post----

Thank you. Maybe I should have just skipped to this post instead of reading everything before it and replying to it one at a time.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker