View Single Post
Old 07-27-06, 03:44 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Today's update will be short and sweet:

I travelled for most of the day and finally got to Vegas. I rented a car, made my way to my friends' place, and hung out with them and their adorable 2.5 year old kid for a few hours.

I headed down to the Rio tonight, registered for the Main Event (there were ZERO people in line - tomorrow, I expect there to be dozens if not 100+), I let ImageMasters take my picture for their cool facial recognition software, and then I walked around for a while. I railed the 2-7 single draw lowball table for bit and learned that Evelyn Ng and David Williams are a "thing" now. I might have known that, but I'm not sure. Anyway, pretty funny how this guy goes from being a complete nobody (a former Magic player) to going deep at the 2004 WSOP... and now 2 years (and numerous accomplishments) later, he's got a gold bracelet and is on his way to another one, wih the beautiful Evelyn Ng by his side. Yeah, I'd say it's been a pretty good couple of years for David. It just makes me wonder what unknown person will be on top of the poker world 2 years from now. I mean, it stands to reason that the winner of this year's Main Event will be a completely unknown person... but someone who will be a household name this time next year. Isn't that crazy?

Anyway, I digress... All of the suites/lounges were closed, but from the outside, everything looks bigger and better than last year. It looks to me like UB, Bodog, Full Tilt and Stars all have nice suites. I didn't see one for Party, but I did see a Party Poker bus drive by on Las Vegas Blvd - there were at least a dozen models living it up on the open air roof.

The trade show (or whatever they call it) - the Expo thing - starts tomorrow. I expect that to be better than last year's and last year's was pretty cool.

Oh, and I checked out the new food court and extra bathrooms area. Well done, Harrahs.

I guess that's it. Tomorrow, I'll head over to the trade show for a while, get my passes for the UB party tomorrow night, and hopefully get together with Zybomb for that. The UB party was fun last year, and I know a lot more UB people now than I did then, so I'm looking forward to it.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker