View Single Post
Old 10-21-04, 01:59 AM
Rock

johnbaker has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

yes i consider myself an advanced player, and the reason I'm writing these is because I've been tutoring a few really, really bad players who need to understand the basics of the game before they can stand a chance at my home game. I'm charging them per hour, and reading my stuff is like their homework. If I write everything I know about poker I could write about a 80 page book on NL holdem with tournament strategies taking up about 50 pages and cash game strategies taking up about 30 pages. Getting my work published isnt my goal here, but if I feel good about the quality of the intermediate and advanced sections, and people give me good reviews of it on here, I'll definitly consider sending it to a publisher.

I'm not really concerned with exposing the way i think about poker, because I'm constantly switching up my play based on who I'm playing against. the only people who are reading this who i play with are my 'students' anyways, and at their current level i can beat them playing blind, so its not like they're going to read my stuff and figure out how to beat me.

-jB

more thoughts & comments would be appreciated, can anyone tell me the strengths and weaknesses (in their eyes) of the topics i covered (or forgot to cover)? thanks.