View Single Post
Old 09-25-07, 07:34 PM
Professional Amateur

Invigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points
Default berate - be right

Generally, I don't get into it with whiners and idiots at the tables. However, I have recently made the mistake of dueling a couple of whiners and quickly realized that it is about as useful as yelling at the TV when Spinger is on.

Do you ever lock horns with people?

I can't believe the number of players that berate others for their bad play. It seems like a bad financial move. If a player is chasing draws and playing badly, I don't want to draw attention to the fact. I'd rather say "nice hand" and let him think he is, and will continue to be a very 'lucky' player.

I really wonder how effective it is to try and put people "on tilt" as a regular thing. Mike the Mouth is a great example, except he is the one who is easily tiltable.

Do you just avoid this, or is mixing it up in the chat bar part of the entertainment value?

I'd especially like to hear from the players who play at higher limits and in bigger tournaments. (I've already seen the garbage flying around at the micro limits )