View Single Post
Old 11-10-07, 06:42 PM
Rock

herschelw has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsherschelw has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsherschelw has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsherschelw has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsherschelw has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

You definitly raise some valid points. I value your opinion and I definitly respect you as a player. Below is my response to the points you raised.

Most tournament players have an hourly win rate closer to $50/hr. Cash players are much higher and I do make more playing cash games but dont enjoy it much. Adding coaching to my schedule gives me a piece of my income that is stable. There's something to be said for that.

I'm always available to review HH's preferably by PM. I try to comment on publicly posted HH's where I have expertise. Those who have purchased coaching time receive priority in terms of receiving responses. I get bombarded on other forums and the ad was copy and pasted for the most part.

Most of my personal development has come from books and personal trial and error. Obviously I have gained some from forums and I enjoy the discussions most of the time. I've invited a lot of people to come be a part of this forum and have advocated people using it to develop thier cash game strategy. What I really get from forums more often than not is a pulse on what "everyone" thinks is the right way to play a hand and I generally do the opposite(for mtt's).

As far as why not do it for free: First there is the time issue. There's significant demand for lessons and I couldnt set aside enough time to meet that demand if it were free. This ad has been up for just under 24 hours on another site and I have 15 signups most of which are for multiple topics. Secondly, giving away your strategies definitly has a negative financial impact on your results. The top players that are putting out videos all the time are seeing major dips in thier results because of it. If you read the recent interview with Johnnybax in cardplayer magazine he even states that he feels doing pxf videos has had a major negative impact on his results this year.