View Single Post
Old 01-18-06, 12:21 PM
Doesn't 2011 start the next decade?

Robbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

Gonna chime in with my two cents here too. (Can you tell that Nikki & I don't have much of a life???? )

For the record, I would *NEVER* lay down a pot or play any differently because I'm playing against a friend. Screw them. I'm playin' poker. The point of poker (to me) is first and foremost to have fun followed VERY CLOSELY behind by winning.

If someone wants to be pissed at me because I won't give them a pot, so be it. Odds are, I'm going to win against them more frequently in the future as they'll always be steamed when playing against me.

If the other person doesn't understand what poker is all about, maybe she shouldn't be playing. Having fun and winning I think really are the only two things poker is about. Sure, there's a social aspect, but it's based entirely in competition.

Part of me wants to vow right now that if ANYONE at any of my home games ever goes off on another player about anything like that, they would NOT be welcome back until sincere apologies were delivered. But then there's that greedy part of me that KNOWS they'd come back steamed and play even worse...

Now, back to your situation: You didn't bluff, you had her beat. How can she expect you to laydown the best hand just because you're friends? She's being unrealistic. You're right. She's wrong. Maybe she'll take you on Moral Court and get schooled by the judge!