View Single Post
Old 10-22-04, 07:25 PM
Maniac

TajaUk has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default Internet Players in Live events.

I watch most poker that’s on TV. Here in England we have virtually a channel dedicated to poker and gambling (challenge TV) past 9pm.

Party Poker has a European open running at the moment and it’s been covered on TV every night this past week. The table is made up of invited Pro's and internet qualifiers from around the world.

It's so embarrassing watching most of the internet players play in what must be their first live games! Making string bets, wrong calls, out of order actions, not understanding BASIC poker rules, that is very important when dealing with such high prize money. Time and time again players were not declaring bets before putting chips in and having raises made to calls because they have not understood *or bothered to read the rules.

Don't you think if you’re a newbie live poker player that just qualified online for a televised event that you would practice allot and read the rules of the games? Instead of making a right twat out of yourself. I know its being picky but wow it’s annoying.

Its also a myth that the internet teaches you all you need to know about playing poker, my word some of those players on TV just didn’t know what bluff meant or the meaning of slow playing "especially when hitting nut flushes" hands. Time and time again they pushed all in when as soon as they got a good hand.

Live games are a lot different that online button pressing.